August 10, 2012

I am enough.

It is sort of ironic maybe that summer did not melt away with the taste of maple syrup and orange juice in my mouth but instead ended with the taste of iron like I swallowed the change out of everyone’s back pockets.
I feel the way winter is slowly starting to bloom and usually this is all boxes of cigarettes and blankets that never cover my feet but the air is like an arrow right to my lungs and I’m tired of not letting them expand like I know they should.
Maybe the truth is, I don’t know how to be okay without him and I don’t think that anyone else could love my crooked bones and the way I put too much into everything too soon.
But most of all, I think that with the cold winds is coming something better, something bigger.
I am enough.
I am enough.
I am enough.
I’m not afraid to say it anymore and I’m being brave and realizing how okay and beautiful it really is to stand on my own with my chin up towards the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment